The Nerdy Media I Can't Wait for in 2024

Star Trek Happy New Year UMS readers! With a new year comes new releases. So to celebrate January 1st, I've created a list to showcase my most anticipated game, TV show, book, and movie of 2024.

Most Anticipated Game - Hades 2
Release Date: Early Access TBD 2024

The story of the first Hades was a slow burn, but those willing to fight through the three levels of the Grecian Underworld over and over again were rewarded with a charming, surprisingly heartwarming tale about Hades' son Zagreus reuniting with his mother Persephone. It even won the first and only Hugo award for best video game writing.

The second game follows Zagreus' sister Melinoë as she tries to break into the underworld, rather than fight her way out like her brother.

Most Anticipated TV Show - Squid Game, Season 2
Release Date: TBD 2024

The first season of this Korean mega hit featured the down on his luck Seong Gi-hun, aka Player 456, as he competed in a series of children's games for a chance to win 45.6 billion won (~ $30 million US dollars). The only catch? Only one player can make it out alive.

In the season one finale, we see Gi-hun with a brand new pink hairstyle making the heartbreaking decision not to get on a plane to see his daughter to instead confront the creators of the game. The teaser trailer shows that in season 2 he will once more be a participant in another round of the game that is somehow "even more deadly" than the last according to the trailer. Though given the original game had only one surviving player, I'm not sure how that's possible. Still, I'm excited to find out.

Most Anticipated Book - The Sunlit Man by Brandon Sanderson
Release Date: March 5, 2024

In March of 2022, Brandon Sanderson made headlines when his kickstarter for four secret novels raised over $41 million dollars. The final installment of those four secret books comes out this year.

The Sunlit Man is a standalone novel set in his famous shared Cosmere universe. It promises to not only show us a rare glimpse into the future of the Cosmere, but to give magic systems nerds a peek behind the curtain, showcasing how the worlds of some of his most popular books tie together.

Most Anticipated Movie - Mickey 17
Release Date: March 29, 2024

Details on Bong Joon-ho's follow up to his Oscar winning Parasite are scarce, but they are enough to make me intrigued. Robert Pattinson plays Mickey, a disposable employee sent to colonize the ice world of Niflheim. When one Mickey dies, a clone is created in his place with most of his memories intact. 

I'd be down to see anything Bong Joon-ho directs, but with Robert Pattinson attached and a reference to Norse mythology, I'm especially intrigued. This one promises to be a wild ride.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days