10 New Books Coming Out This Week

white-horse-slider.jpg

Another week, another batch of books for your TBR pile. Happy reading, folks.

before-you-knew-my-name-194x300.jpeg

Jacqueline Bublitz, Before You Knew My Name
(Atria/Emily Bestler)

“A brave and timely novel which will fuel the debate on women’s rights to walk safely through our streets. I raced through the pages, anxious for resolution, yet at the same time not wanting this beautiful writing to finish.”
–Clare Mackintosh

holmes-coming-188x300.jpeg

Kenneth Johnson, Holmes Coming
(Blackstone)

“Clever, tight plots, fresh dialogue, and a take on Holmes that should not only be embraced by those delightful fans of Sherlock…but general readers who want a book that they won’t forget are guaranteed to become fans of the Great Detective.”
–Strand Magazine

devils-blaze1-199x300.jpeg

Robert J Harris, The Devil’s Blaze
(Pegasus)

“Robert J. Harris’s lively Sherlock Holmes pastiche transports readers to a blacked-out London during World War II. In two previous books, the author resurrected John Buchan’s World War I-era character Richard Hannay to good effect and with strong period flavor. A Study in Crimson achieves a similar mix of action-adventure, detective savvy and Holmesian surprise.”
–Tom Nolan, The Wall Street Journal

innocent-one-199x300.jpeg

Lisa Ballantyne, The Innocent One
(Pegasus)

“A skillful mixture of creepy crime thriller and gripping domestic drama, The Innocent One had me turning the pages late into the night.”
–C. J. Cooper

last-campaign-197x300.jpeg

HW Brands, The Last Campaign
(Doubleday)

“Brands is an American treasure: a professional, discerning historian who can write with forceful elegance . . . His remarkable decision to discuss Indian relations and conflicts via these dual, and dueling, biographies of Sherman and Geronimo yields unexpected inflections and surprising insights. As narrative history it is pure Brands, and he is a master.”
–James L. Haley

island-of-extraordinary-200x300.jpeg

Simon Parkin, The Island of Extraordinary Captives
(Scribner)

“Drawing on copious unpublished and archival material, British journalist Parkin has produced a richly detailed history of the internment of thousands of men and women because of their German or Austrian ancestry. . . . A vivid recounting of a shameful event that still resonates.”
–Kirkus Reviews

Deliberate-Cruelty-201x300.jpeg

Roseanne Montillo, Deliberate Cruelty
(Atria)

“This engaging, well-researched book will appeal to true-crime aficionados, Capote fans, and anyone interested in a darkly intriguing story well told. A compelling mix of true crime and literary biography.”
–Kirkus Reviews

friends-like-these-199x300.jpg

Jennifer Lynn Alvarez, Friends Like These
(Delacorte)

“With pulsing dialogue and believable action, the thriller raises the stakes at every turn. A fast-paced thriller to keep readers on the edges of their seats.”
–Kirkus

white-horse-197x300.jpeg

Erika T. Wurth, White Horse
(Flatiron)

“It’s metal to the end, it’s Denver to the core, it’s Native without trying, there’s ghosts, there’s blood, there’s roller coasters, and there’s about a thousand cigarettes smoked. What else can you ask for in a novel?”
–Stephen Graham Jones

dead-and-gondola-194x300.jpg

Ann Claire, Dead and Gondola
(Bantam)

“A fair-play plot, vivid characters, fascinating facts about Dame Agatha, and an intelligent and appealing protagonist make this a winner. Cozy fans will chomp at the bit for more.”
–Publishers Weekly

View the full article

Michael Neff
Algonkian Producer
New York Pitch Director
Author, Development Exec, Editor

We are the makers of novels, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"King of Pantsers"?

ALGONKIAN SUCCESS STORIES