10 New Books Coming Out This Week

wake-slider.jpg

A look at the week’s best new releases.

Daisy-Darker-197x300.jpeg

Alice Feeney, Daisy Darker
(Flatiron)

“A dark, twisty tale about a dysfunctional family…Feeney’s nod to Agatha Christie’s classic mystery And Then There Were None adds a delightful twist to this quirky thriller. Aficionados of locked-room stories and family dramas (plus Feeney’s large fan base) will enjoy this highly recommended title.”
–Library Journal

number-one-fan-200x300.jpg

Meg Elison, Number One Fan
(MIRA)

“A tense, creepy, and deeply spooky thriller that locks you down and wrings you out in the best way possible. I had other things to do today, but I couldn’t put this down—so those things didn’t get done.”
–Cherie Priest

My-Dirty-California-201x300.jpeg

Jason Mosberg, My Dirty California
(Simon and Schuster)

“Compelling and surprising. Jason Mosberg intricately weaves several mysteries together in this captivating literary thriller. A truly unique, intriguing, and satisfying read. I couldn’t put it down!”
–Megan Miranda

suburban-hell-200x300.jpeg

Maureen Kilmer, Suburban Hell
(G.P. Putnam’s Sons)

“This novel about the horrors of suburbia—both supernatural and terrestrial in origin—has plenty of genuinely funny moments. . . . A good fit for fans of Grady Hendrix’s My Best Friend’s Exorcism, Rachel Harrison’s The Return, or Junji Ito’s horror manga Uzumaki.”
–Booklist

wake-198x300.jpg

Shelley Burr, Wake
(William Morrow)

“Politically savvy, cleverly plotted…the kind of book that invites the ravenous language of binge reading: compulsive, propulsive, addictive.”
–New York Times Book Review

nothing-more-to-tell-199x300.jpeg

Karen McManus, Nothing More To Tell
(Delacorte Press)

”An edge-of-your-seat page-turner; the strongest yet from a master of the genre.”
–Kirkus Reviews

hog-wild-201x300.jpg

Jonathan Woods, Hog Wild
(Close to the Bone)

“Amid all the sex and violence, there are many excellent book and movie recommendations. Readers willing to loosen their inhibitions and jettison their good taste will get a lot of laughs out of this one.”
–Publishers Weekly

beginners-guide-196x300.jpg

Rosalind Stopps, A Beginner’s Guide to Murder
(HQ)

”'[An] excellent character-driven tale . . . by turns amusing, sorrowful, and thrilling. Stopps is definitely a writer to watch”
–Publishers Weekly

inheritance-games-198x300.jpg

Jennifer Lynn Barnes, The Inheritance Games
(Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)

“This strong, Knives Out-esque series opener…provides ample enjoyment.”
–Publishers Weekly

history-of-the-world-203x300.jpg

Kathy Petras, A History of the World in Body Parts
(Chronicle Books)

“Clever, informative, entertaining…this quick-reading book will appeal to teens and adult readers who like an offbeat view of history.”
–Library Journal

View the full article

Michael Neff
Algonkian Producer
New York Pitch Director
Author, Development Exec, Editor

We are the makers of novels, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"King of Pantsers"?

ALGONKIAN SUCCESS STORIES