10 New Books Coming Out This Week

finlayslider.jpg

Another week, another batch of books for your TBR pile. Happy reading, folks.

violence-197x300.jpeg

Delilah S. Dawson, The Violence
(Del Rey)

“Delilah S. Dawson has crafted a pandemic thriller that’s so much more—a piercing examination of survival, courage, and self, terrifying and hopeful in equal measure.”
Peng Shepherd

base-notes-200x300.jpeg

Lara Elena Donnelly, Base Notes
(Thomas & Mercer)

“Scent is everything in Donnelly’s unique, voluptuous thriller…Manhattan’s beau monde served up in juicy, evocative prose.”
Kirkus Reviews

ursulina-187x300.jpeg

Brian Freeman, The Ursulina
(Blackstone)

“Enthralling…Freeman brings all the characters to life, highlighting their strengths as well as the darkness that lies within each of them, thus adding a delicious sense of uncertainty as to their motives. Readers will have a tough time putting this one down.”
Publishers Weekly, starred review

parisnoirsuburbs-191x300.jpg

Hervé Delouche (ed.), Paris Noir: Suburbs
(Akashic)

“Dark tales shine a bright light on some of the lesser-seen parts of greater Paris.”
(Kirkus Reviews)

String-Follow-200x300.jpeg

Simon Jacobs, String Follow
(MCD x FSG)

“A terrifying glimpse into teen anomie and rootlessness . . . Daring and stylish [with] flashes of black humor . . . the darkness is so relentless and remorseless that the reader can feel pursued by it, punished. Grim, violent Midwestern gothic—hard to watch, hard to turn away from.”
(Kirkus Reviews)

Mercy-Street-199x300.jpeg

Jennifer Haigh, Mercy Street
(Ecco)

Mercy Street is propulsive, urgent, and essential. Haigh writes with uncommon insight and compassion (and, yes, mercy) about people whose ideals are so strikingly at odds that we can only wait for their lives to collide. I was riveted and transported, and want to hand this book to everyone I know.”
Rebecca Makkai

finlaydonovan-195x300.jpg

Elle Cosimano, Finlay Donovan Knocks ’em Dead
(Minotaur)

“Cosimano builds on Finlay Donovan is Killing It (2021) for another rollicking adventure in which the tribulations of single parenthood feel just as high stakes as the attempted murders. A sharp, slick sequel.”
Booklist

woman-last-seen-200x300.jpeg

Adele Parks, Woman Last Seen
(MIRA)

“Chilling, gripping and entirely unputdownable.”
Lisa Jewell

catch-her-197x300.jpeg

Allison Bucola, Catch Her When She Falls
(Random House)

“Buccola’s deeply developed characters and simmering suspense propel this story of one woman’s quest to discover the truth about the mysterious death of her best friend.”
Liv Constantine

violinconspiracy-199x300.jpeg

Brendan Slochum, The Violin Conspiracy
(Anchor)

“I loved The Violin Conspiracy for exactly the same reasons I loved The Queen’s Gambit: a surprising, beautifully rendered underdog hero I cared about deeply and a fascinating, cutthroat world I knew nothing about—in this case, classical music.”
Chris Bohjalian

View the full article

Michael Neff
Algonkian Producer
New York Pitch Director
Author, Development Exec, Editor

We are the makers of novels, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"King of Pantsers"?

ALGONKIAN SUCCESS STORIES