10 New Books Coming Out This Week

hunt-slider.jpg

Another week, another batch of books for your TBR pile. Happy reading, folks.

kala-199x300.jpeg

Colin Walsh, Kala
(Doubleday)

“[A] gritty heartbreaker of a thriller…Part heartfelt coming-of-age tale, part brutal Irish noir, this is a spectacular read for Donna Tartt and Tana French fans.”
–Kirkus

koryta.jpeg

Michael Koryta, An Honest Man
(Mulholland Books)

“This is Koryta’s best book. It grabbed me hard and wouldn’t let go. A wonderful suspense novel with good writing and lots of texture. It feels like it came straight from the heart.”
–Stephen King

spider-205x300.jpeg

Lars Kepler (transl. Alice Menzies), The Spider
(Knopf)

The Spider is shocking and exhilarating in a way only Lars Kepler could accomplish.”
–Bookreporter

hunt-194x300.jpeg

Kelly J. Ford, The Hunt
(Thomas and Mercer)

“Truly absorbing…Ford renders the town of Presley, Ark., as a living entity swirling with resentments and loyalties, and governed by fear, thanks to wild rumors that a serial murderer stalks prey at the town’s famous ‘Hunt for the Golden Egg’ each Easter…You won’t find any tidy narratives or simple judgments here.”
–New York Times Book Review

everyone-here-199x300.jpeg

Shari Lapena, Everyone Here Is Lying
(Pamela Dorman)

“The most addictive book I’ve read in ages—so slick and disquieting and clever. Just brilliant.”
–Lisa Jewell

hcftic_all-is-not-forgiven-hardcover-_md

Joe Kenda, All is Not Forgiven
(Blackstone)

“All Is Not Forgiven hums with brutal authenticity—Kenda the author and Kenda the character both deliver big procedural thrills that will keep readers guessing. I don’t remember a debut novel this assured—Kenda is the real deal.”
–Tod Goldberg

i-did-it-for-you-199x300.jpeg

Amy Engel, I Did It For You
(Dutton)

“In this stellar standalone…Engel elevates the already tantalizing mystery with an uncommonly raw portrayal of Greer’s grief—her palpable inner struggles form the backbone of the novel. Mysteries don’t come much better than this.”
–Publishers Weekly

urgent-matters.jpeg

Paula Rodriguez (transl. Sarah Moses), Urgent Matters
(Pushkin Vertigo)

“Part thriller, part telenovela, a well-wrought tango noir.”
–The Times UK

shadow-girls-197x300.jpeg

Alice Blanchard, The Shadow Girls
(Minotaur)

“Just when this police-driven story seems to wind down, there’s a bonus mystery on top.”
–Kirkus

mrs-plansky-196x300.jpeg

Spencer Quinn, Mrs. Plansky’s Revenge
(Forge)

“Mrs. Plansky is a wonderfully memorable heroine, full of wit and equally plausible as an ace tennis player and a motorcycle-driving detective with Romanian gangsters hot on her tail. Readers will be eager to see what Mrs. Plansky gets up to next.”
–Publishers Weekly

View the full article

Michael Neff
Algonkian Producer
New York Pitch Director
Author, Development Exec, Editor

We are the makers of novels, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"King of Pantsers"?

ALGONKIAN SUCCESS STORIES