Whatcha Reading? January 2023, Part Two

Christmas wooden mansion in mountains on snowfall winter day. Cozy chalet on ski resort near pine forest. Cottage of round timber with wooden balcony. Fir-trees covered with snow. Chimneys of stone.It’s that time! Time for you to tell us what you’re reading!

EllenM: After a long period of being totally bored by and sick of most historical romance, I’m suddenly finding myself enjoying it again! Just finished A Scandalous Kind of Duke by Mia Vincy ( A | BN | K | AB ) which was delightfully full of pining and longing. I also may have stayed up way too late last night binging the first couple volumes of the manga series My Boss’s Kitten which is fairly fluffy and ridiculous fun if you are not immediately squicked out by the boss/employee thing. The series description calls the male MC “sadistic” which seems misleading as from what I can tell he’s mostly just (consensually) really horny, haha. Its sexy and silly fun but I probably wouldn’t pay money for it if it was not on comixology unlimited.

Susan: I’m taking a leaf out of everyone else’s book and listening to the audiobook of All Systems Red. ( A | BN | K | AB ) Murderbot remains my favourite character; its arc across the series is that it doesn’t want to be more human, it has social anxiety and all of these tv shows to watch, and is thus the most relatable character of all.

Sarah: The narrator is so good too.

You Made a Fool of Death with Your Beauty
A | BN | K | AB
Maya: Twinsies, I’m also doing a Murderbot relisten! Along with Murderbot, I recently heard an old interview of Akwaeke Emezi and now I’m kinda obsessed with their writing, so I’m listening to You Made a Fool of Death with Your Beauty.

Shana: CANNOT wait to hear what you think, Maya.

Kiki: My friend sent me A Lady for a Duke by Alexis Hall for Christmas and I’m so, so, so excited to read it once I finish my other behemoths.

Sneezy: The English translation for season 2 of I Raised a Black Dragon is out on Manta and I’M SO HAPPY!!!

A Long Time Coming
A | BN
The newest chapter kicked in strong with Noa back in her own body, and Leonard low key loosing his shit at how attractive she is. His 19th century ass cannot with her 21st century shorts and now her running around in a chemise.

Tara: I’m reading The Fixer by Lee Winter, ( A | BN | K ) which is the first part of a duology. I’ve been excited about this one for a while because she’s one of my favourite authors and she’s showing the romance of a villain who deeply fucked over one of my favourite characters ever. I’m VERY curious to see how this character gets redeemed.

Elyse: I stayed up all night reading A Long Time Coming by Meghan Quinn. It’s a super cute, sexy, funny friends to lovers. My only issue is the hero is names Breaker.

Breaker.

I kept thinking Beaker.

What are you reading? Tell us in the comments below!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic