10 New Books Coming Out This Week

blaze-me-a-sun-slider.jpg

Another week, another batch of books for your TBR pile. Happy reading, folks.

blaze-me-a-sun-199x300.jpeg

Christoffer Carlsson (transl. Rachel Willson-Broyles), Blaze Me a Sun
(Hogarth)

“The first great crime novel of 2023 is Blaze Me a Sun by the decorated Swedish crime writer Chrisoffer Carlsson, who twines together national and personal trauma to devastating effect.”
–New York Times Book Review

thing-in-the-snow-197x300.jpg

Sean Adams, The Thing in the Snow
(William Morrow)

“Who knew there was so much wit in hell? The Thing in the Snow is a mystery, an office satire, and a slow-boil study of madness. Trust nothing in this book save for its deadpan brilliance.”
–Ryan Chapman

house-in-the-pines-199x300.jpeg

Ana Reyes, The House in the Pines
(Dutton)

“In The House in the Pines, Ana Reyes delves into a complex female friendship and the fragile nature of memory to weave together a smart, eerie, and completely addictive story of psychological suspense. Reyes is a debut author to watch.”
–Alafair Burke

you-should-have-told-me-195x300.jpeg

Leah Konen, You Should Have Told Me
(Putnam)

“Readers are going to love You Should Have Told Me, there’s so much to unpack in this taut, compelling thriller: New motherhood, a missing husband, a ton of secrets, all brilliantly written and plotted. Leah Konen’s books are always at the top of my list.”
–Samantha Downing

night-wherever-198x300.jpg

Tracey Rose Peyton, Night Wherever We Go
(Ecco)

“A searing debut…. Peyton weaves through the minds and spirits of her large cast of characters with insight and ease…. Alternately suspenseful and poetic, this novel marks the beginning of a promising career.”
–Kirkus Reviews

age-of-vice-197x300.jpeg

Deepti Kapoor, Age of Vice
(Riverhead)

“Deeply addictive; this spellbinder would be easy to devour in one big gulp, but it’s worth savoring for Neda’s uncompromising take on what she terms India’s ‘losing age, the age of vice.’ The author possesses a talent great enough to match the massive scope of her subject.”
–Publishers Weekly

code6-198x300.jpg

James Grippando, Code 6
(Harper)

“There’s a reason that James Grippando is a New York Times bestselling author and the recipient of the Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction. . . . Twenty certainly works well as a stand-alone title, but it also will inspire readers to delve into Grippando’s backlist, so be prepared.”
–Book Reporter

picture-in-the-sand-197x300.jpeg

Peter Blauner, Picture in the Sand
(Minotaur)

“With the magic only the finest storytellers can summon, Blauner has conjured a tale where epic reality—the making of Cecil B. DeMilles The Ten Commandments—is woven into a story of adventure, suspense, mystery, love, sorrow, assassination plots, prison breaks, and deep appreciation for the movies. I found this impossible to put down. An authentic tour de force, the kind you lay aside to read again.”
–Stephen King

Blackhouse-Cover-1-199x300.jpg

Carole Johnstone, The Blackhouse
(Scribner)

““[An] eerie gothic thriller… this ghost story ultimately packs a gale-force wallop. Johnstone is a writer to watch.”
–Publishers Weekly

villa-197x300.jpeg

Rachel Hawkins, The Villa
(St. Martins)

“Friendship and professional jealousy fuel this nail-biter…Intense characters complement the brisk plot, which shifts smoothly between the present and 1974. Hawkins consistently entertains.”
–Publishers Weekly

Gelett Burgess The Master of Mysteries Poisoned Pen

Emerald Isle Berkley

Jessica Fletcher, Terrie Farley Moran Murder She Wrote: Death on the
Beezy Marsh Queen of Thieves William Morrow
Jay Newman Undermoney Scribner
Stuart Palmer The Penguin Pool Murder American Mystery Classics

Blake Crouch Abandon Ballantine Book
Tammy Euliano Misfire Oceanview

View the full article

Michael Neff
Algonkian Producer
New York Pitch Director
Author, Development Exec, Editor

We are the makers of novels, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

"King of Pantsers"?

ALGONKIAN SUCCESS STORIES