Links: Mascots, Artists, & More

Workspace with computer, journal, books, coffee, and glasses.Hey, everyone! Did you know it was Wednesday?

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the U.S. A week or so ago, I asked for some dessert suggestions. Thank you so much! I think I’m going with a chocolate mousse this year and pairing it with a cinnamon whipped cream. The mousse I’ll be making this afternoon, just so I have one less thing to do tomorrow.

My partner and I also made fancy dinner reservations for the weekend. We thought about doing an intimate Thanksgiving together, but we didn’t love the thought of cooking a second (albeit smaller) Thanksgiving meal when we’ll already have leftovers.

What are your feelings on leftovers? Love ’em? Hate ’em? I remember my dad was a big fan of making sandwiches with everything piled on.

This link was sent in by Escapeologist! Thanks so much!

Library cat dressed up as book characters! The article is a year old but hey, new to me. Came across it on the excellent subreddit r/Eyebleach (it’s what your eyes need when you’ve Seen Some Shit).

This link was shared in the Smart Bitches discord! Yes, we have a discord! It’s very fun and available to SBTB Patreon members.

The mascot for the 2024 Paris Olympics was met with some bemused responses. While it’s been confirmed the mascots are hats, they also resemble a clitoris.

Saw this floating around on twitter: Apple Rankings. Given that I went to several apple orchards this fall, I was very curious. It has a pretty extensive rubric and a huge list of apple varietals. Where does your favorite rank? I’d love to taste the #1 apple on the list, though I haven’t seen them in New England.

Enjoy this thread of famous artists’ homes and studios! Great for both art and architecture nerds.

https://twitter.com/bellenoelphoto/status/1594105865484656640

Don’t forget to share what cool or interesting things you’ve seen, read, or listened to this week! And if you have anything you think we’d like to post on a future Wednesday Links, send it my way!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic