Charming Colorwork Socks by Charlotte Stone

A

Charming Colorwork Socks

by Charlotte Stone
September 20, 2022 · Page Street Publishing
Crafting

lightning-reviews3.jpg

If you like colorwork and making socks, then Charming Colorwork Socks is a must buy for you. This book contains 25 adorable patterns, including holiday themes, animals, and my personal favorite: coffee socks.

A pair of light brown socks with dark brown coffee cups and beans around the cuff and dark brown toes.

Most of the patterns involve only working with two colors at the same time, so it’s ideal for colorwork beginners who don’t want to manage too many strands at once. There isn’t much in the way of tutorials in the book, although there is a section on washing and care as well as managing floats in the beginning. I didn’t mind because I prefer video tutorials anyway.

The sizes included in the pattern start with 56, 64, and 72 stitches respectively, which translate roughly to S, M, L depending on your needle size. For context, I wear a size 6 (US) women’s shoe and fit in a 56 stitch sock and my best friend wears a size 11 (US) women’s shoe and fits into a 72 stitch sock.

Some of the patterns have a gusset/flap heel and some a short row heel, and instructions are given for both.

I’m currently working on the “I’m Batty for Halloween” socks and loving them.

A pair of orange socks with black bats throughout, black heels and black toes

So if you are a colorwork knitter or know one, this book is totally worth it. Every pattern is adorable and the instructions are clear and simple. Happy knitting!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days