Links: Mice, Mundane Halloween, & More

Workspace with computer, journal, books, coffee, and glasses.We’ve made it to November! How are we all feeling?

I started seeing Christmas stuff event before Halloween was even over. I’m not anti-Christmas necessarily (though I don’t love a holiday romance), but can one ding dang holiday finish before we start celebrating another?! Especially one that is nearly two months away. Okay, end rant.

How did everyone’s Halloween go? My party plans were postponed, though my house was relatively peaceful. We don’t get many kids down my street. However, my partner went through two backs of candy (mainly Reese’s and Snickers) pretty quickly!

Did you know that the creator of Winnie the Pooh also wrote a mystery novel in 1922?

I believe I posted this last year or the year before, but a company in Japan hosts a “mundane Halloween” contest. You can see some of the entries here, as well as threads from the last few years.

Sometimes we just need to gaze upon photos of adorable mice! Let’s all enjoy the photography of Simon Dell.

Sometimes history is wild, especially this story about Hans Christian Andersen.

https://twitter.com/teaberryblue/status/1570933061084409856

I believe this was posted in the comments a while ago, but it seems apt to bring it back up as we’re getting closer to Hallmark movie season: McSweeney’s “We are a Picturesque Small Town and We Refuse to Be the Setting for Your Romantic Comedy.”

Don’t forget to share what cool or interesting things you’ve seen, read, or listened to this week! And if you have anything you think we’d like to post on a future Wednesday Links, send it my way!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days