10 Great Places to Submit Short Fiction

Oliviarfrias

We're all here because we're working on novels, but I thought I'd take some time to share some of my favorite places to submit short fiction. All of these place offer professional pay (8 cents or more per word), are SFWA eligible, and are accepting short stories now or in the near future.

1.  Strange Horizons - Accepts SFF stories up to 10,000 words, starting the third of every month until they reach their 1,000 story cap

2. Clarkesworld - Accepts SFF stories up to 22,000 words on a rolling basis

3. Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction - Accepts SFF stories up to 25,000 words on a rolling basis

4. Asimov's - Accepts science fiction stories up to 7,500 words on a rolling basis

5. Beneath Ceaseless Skies - Accepts secondary world fantasy stories up to 15,000 words on a rolling basis

6. Apex - Accepts SFF stories up to 7,500  on a rolling basis

7. Escape Pod - Science fiction podcast, accepts new stories beginning September 15th

8. Pod Castle - Fantasy podcast, accepts new stories beginning November 1st

9. Flash Fiction Magazine - Accepts SFF stories up to 1,000 words in length on a rolling basis

10. Air and Nothingness - Does fun themed SFF anthologies. (I'm partial to them because I was published in their fairy tale themed anthology 'Upon a Thrice Time').

Stay tuned for more shorts related content coming soon!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days