Links: Movies, Crafting, & More

Workspace with computer, journal, books, coffee, and glasses.Hey hey! It’s Wednesday!

Welcome back, friends! During out podcast recordings, Sarah mentioned that either someone on a subreddit she follows or a discord she’s in treats themselves for making it through the sweaty summer. Isn’t that great? So I’ve decide to do the same and treat myself to a commissioned pair of Dungeons & Dragons dice. I’m starting my first in-person campaign with my partner later in the fall and I have no dice. Fabled Dragon Dice will be designing them and I’m so stoked!

Also, in wonderful love-filled news. I worked a Saturday bookstore shift and my partner picked me up, got me bath stuff to enjoy while they made dinner (homemade mac & cheese), brought me wine in the tub, and also made a top notch charcuterie board for snacking. I am still dreaming about the garlic confit he included.

If you’re a crafter, you know that projects take way more time than we might realize. So if you’re brainstorming what to make a friend or family member who loves books, Autostraddle has a great DIY guide on how to make miniature replicas of books! Making someone a mini bookshelf of their favorite reads sounds like a wonderful idea.

Romance-Panel-2022.png?resize=497%2C280

Saturday, August 20th is Bookstore Romance Day! I’m running a virtual panel that afternoon, if any of you are available and want to attend. (Register here!) I’d love to have ya! You can also check to see if your local independent bookstore is doing something in celebration.

I am very curious about this movie, Spin Me Round. The movie poster is designed like a romance cover, but I get more thriller vibes from the trailer. It’s out this week!

Spin_Me_Round_film.jpeg?resize=294%2C435

Check out this adorable artwork for Denise Williams’ Will You Take This Man! You can get this as a print if you preorder through Dog Eared Books’ Ames location.

Don’t forget to share what cool or interesting things you’ve seen, read, or listened to this week! And if you have anything you think we’d like to post on a future Wednesday Links, send it my way!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic