Whatcha Reading? August 2022, Part One

Beautiful English style garden with comfortable hammock on sunny dayIt’s that time of the month! No, not that time. Whatcha Reading time!

Sarah: I’m currently reading Thank you For Listening by Julia Whelan ( A | BN | K | AB ) – and I’m doing an interview with her for the podcast, too!

Shana: I’m reading The Servant and the Gentleman by Annabelle Greene. ( A | BN | K | AB ) It’s a good reminder of why I like to give new-to-me authors a second chance. Because I hated the first book in the series and I love this one.

Claudia: I’m reading The Dawn of Everything, ( A | BN | K | AB ) and it’s sort of an anti “Big History” book that chips away the prevalent, too-linear narrative of how we got to live in our complex societies (early humans became farmers and herders blah blah). It’s very interesting.

Sneezy: I’m going through The Wave in the Mind by Ursula Le Guin. ( A | BN | K | AB ) It’s a collection of her talks and essays. The short pieces and her voice is very kind to my fried brain

The Monsters We Defy
A | BN | K | AB
A lot of yummy that you don’t need to remember linearly to enjoy more of. Plus if you forget the pieces you read earlier like me, you can enjoy them all over again for the first time

Sarah: Y’all. The Monsters We Defy by Leslye Penelope is So Good so far. I’m about 25% in and it will be hard to stop reading when I have to Do Things.

Creepy slow menace, folk magic, and historical fiction details aplenty. If this were optioned and made into a miniseries it would be sublime.

Tara: My 10-year-old got me hooked on the Witch Hat Atelier manga series. I’m currently making grabby hands at my library, while I wait impatiently for book 9.

Sarah: I LOVE IT.

Tara: She was not impressed when I told her that there’s probably Qifrey/Olly fanfic and then proved myself right when she said it was impossible.

Sarah: No fanfic pairing is ever impossible. The world contains multitudes.

The Belle of Belgrave Square
A | BN | K | AB
It’s kind of comforting the more I think about it, you know? No matter how out there the pairing is, someone else has shipped it, too.

Elyse: I just got my copies of Are You Sara by SC Lalli ( A | BN | K | AB ) and The Daughter of Doctor Moreau by Silvia Moreno-Garcia. ( A | BN | K | AB ) Not sure which I will start first

Sarah: “…I don’t wanna work. I just wanna read all my books all day.”

Lara: I’m in the midst of Mimi Matthews’ The Belle of Belgrave Square. So far, I’m charmed! So much better for me than the first book in the series.

So, whatcha reading? Tell us below!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic