Links: Paddington, Beyonce, & More

Workspace with computer, journal, books, coffee, and glasses.Hey hey! It’s Wednesday!

I’m currently listening to a chunky fly buzz around my room, while my cat Linus does not give two single fucks about it.

The heat is about to break in New England (yay!) and just in time for me to attend an Emo Night concert. Gonna bust out the spiked jewelry and band t-shirts and I’m really excited. Sometimes, your girl just has to dance. I’m sure some of you get it!

Monday night, I took an edible before bed to help with some sleep troubles. Tuesday morning, I woke up with an Uber Eats notification. Apparently, high Amanda planned ahead and scheduled for McDonald’s hashbrowns to be delivered in the morning. Also Linus loves his chicken-flavored thyroid meds, for which I am so thankful.

Thank you to S. who sent me this link! Monday was International Cat Day and Google had something cute to celebrate. As of Tuesday night, it still works!

Romance-Panel-2022.png?resize=497%2C280

Saturday, August 20th is Bookstore Romance Day! I’m running a virtual panel that afternoon, if any of you are available and want to attend. (Register here!) I’d love to have ya! You can also check to see if your local independent bookstore is doing something in celebration.

Beverly Jenkins and Courtney Milan were on WBUR’s Here & Now to talk about diversity in historical romance. You can listen to the 11-minute clip here!

Beyonce’s new album dropped and Tara shared this link in our Slack. The New York Public Library paired together reading recommendations with each track. Have you listed to Renaissance yet? What do you think of the reading recs?

Need a wholesome boost? How about a Twitter account that photoshops Paddington Bear into movies?

Don’t forget to share what cool or interesting things you’ve seen, read, or listened to this week! And if you have anything you think we’d like to post on a future Wednesday Links, send it my way!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic