The Rec League: Papa Bears

The Rec League - heart shaped chocolate resting on the edge of a very old bookThis Rec League comes from Viktória. Thanks, Viktória!

I am on a marathon of rewatching Bridgerton and the thought came to me: are there any historical romance books where the main character is the father chaperoning his daughter(s) into society? Or guiding sons through the hardships of overbearing mamas? Anthony is such a papa bear, er, I mean brother bear as Daphne tries to find a husband – do we know of any books not focused on the children, but the papa bears finding love? I would love to see a widower or some other wifeless gentleman finding love while shepherding children of a marriageable age. I am also okay if it’s papa bear vibe like Anthony is, bring in the guardians, brothers, uncles and relatives too. My only real request is that I am looking for their story while they look for a match for their charge(s).

Sneezy: I feel like I’ve heard of m/m’s with this exact premise but I can’t remember any.

Shana: I feel like I’ve read this as the B-plot to a younger couples’ romance. Let me think.

Oh, and A Lady for a Duke somewhat has this energy. The hero is the guardian for his sister, and he’s overbearing in his approach to her entry into the marriage mart.

Lord Perfect
A | BN | K | AB
Sarah: Bedwyns should fit, right? ( A | BN | K | G | AB ) Isn’t Wulfric rather like this?

Claudia: He doesn’t actively look for matches for the siblings, but in terms of energy, it would definitely fit.

He’s in all the previous books untangling the messes the siblings make, in the background but a very strong presence. His book is a big payoff is you read at least some of the others.

Ah, in that same vein, Loretta Chase’s Lord Perfect, part of her Carsington Brothers series.

Elyse: Tessa Dare had the one with the wards that would throw elaborate funerals for their dolls: The Governess Game.

AJ: The Gentle Art of Fortune Hunting by KJ Charles ( A | K | AB ) is an M/M that fits the bill!

Which romances would you recommend? Let us know below!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic