The Rec League: She Gives Seduction Lessons

The Rec League - heart shaped chocolate resting on the edge of a very old bookThis Rec League request comes from Emily. Thanks so much for sending it in!

I would love to see a Rec League focused on books with the seduction lessons trope where the instructor is not male. Extra special bonus points if it’s a historical.

Sarah: This query is giving me a lot to think about in terms of how romance as a genre continues to reframe virginity.

Not historical (woe) but The Player and the Pixie by LH Cosway and Penny Reid ( A | BN ). Hero is a rugby player who is “rubbish” in bed, and she is the younger sister of another, very famous rugby player who bails him out of jail. They make a bargain. heh heh.

Amanda: For real. I only know of ones with inexperienced heroes, but not any that combine that with seduction lessons from the heroine. Would definitely read it though!

Sarah: Romance: so incredibly subversive and so obedient to patriarchal standards, often at the same time.

Red Blossom in Snow
A | BN | K | AB
This one is really stumping my brain.

Claudia: Ok she doesn’t offer lessons, per se, but she’s an experienced courtesan and he’s a virgin — Jennie Lin’s Red Blossom in the Snow

Bonus points that she does have sex with a protector for money (not all Tang Dynasty courtesans/entertainers did, but her house was falling on bad times) and he knows it and doesn’t throw a fit. And yes I know it’s a low bar but…

Sarah: Really good rec!

Tara: If f/f is okay, A Touch of Temptation by Julie Blair ( A | BN | K | AB ) would fit the bill.

Which romances would you suggest? Let us know below!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic