HaBO: Time Traveling on Christmas Break

This HaBO comes from Amel, who wants to find this time travel romance. They also swear it’s not Outlander:

There is this book I read a few years ago, and I have been looking for it everywhere, at this point I am desperate to find it. Here is the story:

It is a time-travel romance novel set in the UK. A female student (maybe medical school), very intelligent goes to her parents’ house during Christmas break. Her father and stepmother are very wealthy, she gets along with her dad, but not her stepmother. She has a stepsister which is the favourite child. Her sister gets all the attention, gifts, etc, all in all, the heroine is kind of a loner that does not integrate well in her family environment. At home, the heroine is closer to the domestic helper than her own parents.

Then she is supposed to go camping with her dad near the house, but he cancels and she goes alone. When she wakes up she finds out that she is not in the 21st century UK, but in another time. She observes people from afar and does not understand the language, she recognizes something like middle-age English and she has to learn this language. She does not go into the village but finds a cave and survives in it for like 1-2 years. She lives off of the forest, scavenging for food. Eventually, after much observation, she ventures into the villages and sells her services as a healer. Then there is a romance element, but I completely forgot about this.

Let’s solve this HaBO!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days