HaBO: Train Bridge Collapse

This HaBO is from Michelle, who wants to find this American historical romance:

I’m looking for some help finding the name of a book that I read in the early 90s. It may have been published in the mid to late 80s as it was part of my Mom’s book stash.

The setting is the American Old West when railroads were still fairly new-ish. The male main character may have been either raised by an Indigenous tribe or part/all Indigenous himself. I have no real memory of the female main character.

Romance blossoms but is thwarted when the hero discovers he is a father and has a son who was born to a rich woman that he had a brief liaison with 2-3 years prior. Rich woman is now a widow and uses the son to attempt to control the hero. Rich widow, hero, and son board a train to go somewhere (out east?). Along the way, a train bridge collapses leaving the train dangling over a cliff. The hero saves his son by grabbing his arm and dragging him through a window. I think the son’s name is Julian/Julienne which the child pronounces Joo-len. During the rescue the hero coaxed the child close enough to grab by telling him they’re going to go find some butterflies which the child pronounces “udderflies”.

I bet someone has read this one!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic