What To Do With All The Unfinished Manuscripts

I know it is only September, but I decided to start my Halloween season now. Usually, I don’t plan ahead, but I am married to a Halloween fanatic, so I was gently encouraged (insert eye roll) to book activities every weekend. We started by going to a horror movie convention. Then, we booked a paranormal convention and a ghost hunt, not to mention haunted houses and haunted trains we are taking part in. We have solid plans every weekend.  

Somehow, I overlooked this past weekend, so we watched the new James Wan movie. I won’t spoil it for anyone, but it seems like it needed a thorough analysis, few more revisions, a critique group and a beta reader. There were plot issues as well as dialogue issues. I won’t get into costume or casting, but it left a lot to be desired. I am not a movie expert by any means, but when critics call it ridiculous, offensive and bizarre, then I feel I’m not so off base. The entire experience left me feeling like they pulled the screenplay out of the bottom of a drawer with all the other manuscripts that were started but never finished. 

I hope you enjoy this article by Margo Dill, What To Do With All The Unfinished Manuscripts. Maybe Mr. Wan will take note.  

https://algonkianconferences.com/authorconnect/index.php?/topic/19395-what-to-do-with-all-the-unfinished-manuscripts/&tab=comments#comment-27566

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic