10 New Books Coming Out This Week

ice-angel-slider.jpg

Another week, another batch of books for your TBR pile. Happy reading, folks.

dark-remains-192x300.jpg

Ian McIlvanney, The Dark Remains: A Laidlaw Investigation
(Europa / World Noir)

“Laidlaw… surprises the reader at every turn, showing himself to be literate, intelligent, and thoughtful. McIlvanney’s fans will relish this gritty early perspective on Laidlaw.”
Publishers Weekly

Never-Saw-Me-Coming-207x300.png

Vera Kurian, Never Saw Me Coming
(Park Row)

“Stick a bunch of devious psychopaths together and what could possibly go wrong? Find out in Never Saw Me Coming, a completely original, clever whodunit from a talented new arrival to the world of psychological suspense. Vera Kurian is one to watch!”
Mary Kubica

The-House-of-Ashes-199x300.jpeg

Stuart Neville, House of Ashes
(Soho)

[A] gut-wrenching novel of psychological suspense with ghostly undertones . . . This unforgettable tale of servitude and subservience, domestic abuse, and toxic masculinity builds to a resolution offering redemption and heartfelt solace. Neville has outdone himself.”
Publishers Weekly, Starred Review

NightSheDisappearedTheHC_final-199x300.j

Lisa Jewell, The Night She Disappeared
(Atria)

“Jewell is skilled at keeping readers on their toes, always challenging our expectations of where a story is heading. . . . If you like to be kept guessing, this one’s for you.”
Booklist

Rock-Paper-Scissors-197x300.jpeg

Alice Feeney, Rock Paper Scissors
(Flatiron Books)

“This complicated gothic thriller of dueling spouses and homicidal writers is cleverly plotted and neatly tied up.”
Kirkus

Ice-Angel_final-cover-1-208x300.jpg

Matthew Hart, Ice Angel
(Pegasus)

“The disappearance of renowned American diamond hunter Jimmy Angel, while on an expedition to the Canadian Arctic, drives Hart’s page-turning sequel to 2020’s The Russian Pink. This is a dark gem of a thriller… with lyrical prose that complements the novel’s stark setting and tone.”
Publishers Weekly

karachi-vice-202x300.jpeg

Samira Shackle, Karachi Vice: Life and Death in a Divided City
(Melville House)

“An evocative portrait … Vivid prose and Shackle’s skillful balancing of the personal and the political make this a worthy introduction to a complex metropolis.”
Publishers Weekly

overthefalls-199x300.jpg

Rebecca Hodge, Over the Falls
(Crooked Lane Books)

“Hodge amps up the my-sister, my-frenemy vibe.”
Kirkus Reviews

stolen-hours-194x300.jpg

Allen Eskens, The Stolen Hours
(Mulholland)

“In Allen Eskens’ newest thriller The Stolen Hours, there’s not a moment misplaced or a second lost. With the precision of a watchmaker, Eskens assembles the fine parts of a mystery set to the tempo of a thriller, leaving the reader breathless.”
Craig Johnson

fire-in-the-night-197x300.jpeg

Christopher Swann, A Fire in the Night
(Crooked Lane Books)

A Fire in the Night is a searing story about the ties that bind and how sometimes they begin to strangle us. Christopher Swann has created a nuanced yet thrilling novel of family, grief and ultimately hope. Not to be missed.”
S.A. Cosby

View the full article

Michael Neff
Algonkian Producer
New York Pitch Director
Author, Development Exec, Editor

We are the makers of novels, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

"King of Pantsers"?

ALGONKIAN SUCCESS STORIES