How’s It Going?

http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Hayadoing21-300x300.jpgBy request, it’s time for our community check in, which I call the “Hayadoin” post!

What’s up? How’s things by you? Anything you’re anticipating this month?

Here at SBHQ, it’s nearly the Days of Awe, with Rosh Hashana next week, and also the Days of AWWW HECK I GOT A LOT TO DO. I know for many folks, and definitely for myself, the Jewish new year, the new school year, and the change of season in general create an autumn “new year” mentality where I assess what’s working and try to make things as chill and mellow for Future Sarah as I possibly can.

Of course, this year, everything feels a little weird and new-ish, what with being back to school in-person with masks (Thank you, Montgomery County, I will make you pumpkin bread whenever you ask) and having two (TWO) children in high school (HOW. How did this happen?) (Was it the feeding them every day that did it? I bet that was it.) (In unrelated news, time to go to Costco because teenagers.) Do I remember how to do the schedule thing where there’s a 67% increased likelihood of my having to drive someone somewhere at some point during the day?

As a result of the new school year, new Jewish year (happy 5782 y’all!) and the shift from one set of COVID protocols to another set, I’m looking at my own schedule and tasks and taking stock. What do I want to change? What do I want to keep? Does anyone else do this or is this just me? (Probably not. It is the internet, so it’s never just me.)

One recipe link we are definitely keeping on frequent rotation: Serious Eats’ Halal Cart Style Chicken and Rice. I could eat it once a week, I think.

What about you? Hayadoin? What’s going on with you? Please tell us about it!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days