I was outside with my brother trimming back branches from my house (you know I had to make room for that monstrous fence I mentioned in previous posts) when I noticed the trees looked tired. Every once in a while, a leaf tumbled across my lawn, not from my trimming,but because it made an autumn test run. Soon, an onslaught of leaves will be upon me, unless my brother and I can prune them all. Regardless, the trees want to start anew. 

After a tumultuous year with the pandemic, I can relate. I bet a lot of people can. I know my colleagues do. My phone has been blowing up because nobody knows what to expect when we return to work. Many of us had been home. We don’t know the new protocols and forgot the old ones. My kids are in the same boat. We didn’t receive any “back to school supply” list because nobody can predict what they will need and their uniforms are on back order because of shipping delays and short staff. 

We are left with more questions than answers, but that’s okay with me. As a writer, we live in that world. Why didn’t that agent like my book? Why didn’t I get that interview? Why did my publicist choose that strategy? We live in the who knows and the shoulder shrugs. So, this should all be a piece of cake, right?

For those of you with lingering questions, Ann-Marie Nieves, in her article, Book PR and Marketing Questions Answered Part I, will answer them.

https://algonkianconferences.com/authorconnect/index.php?/topic/16161-abook-pr-and-marketing-questions-answered/&tab=comments#comment-24479

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic