Whatcha Reading? August 2021, Part Two

http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/bigstock-Ice-cream-Asian-woman-eating-c-279839005-e1554491915230.jpgWe’re approaching the end of August and that means it’s time for our second monthly Whatcha Reading post!

We want to hear all about what you’ve been reading, though here are some of our books from the month!

Shana: I’m halfway into the audiobook of Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers. ( A | BN | K | G | AB ) It’s a little slow plot-wise, but really hitting my sweet spot with its caring space collective. I also just started One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston.

Elyse: I just finished a A Lot Like Adios which is a second chance, friends to lovers romance. I really liked it. Now I’m reading The Family Plot by Megan Collins. ( A | BN | K ) It’s a strange thriller about a family obsessed with true crime that live in old mansion on an island.

A Lot Like Adios
A | BN | K
Claudia: Busy time with back-to-school stuff and other obligations plus I’m still on a bit of a reading slump. But I’m finishing The Queer Principles of Kit Webb by Cat Sebastian and it is highly enjoyable.

Catherine: I just inhaled The Scoundrel’s Daughter by Anne Gracie, ( A | BN | K ) and I loved it. Such a gentle tender romance. And the secondary romance was hilarious and adorable.

Also, not a book, but I broke my glasses on the weekend so I spent two days mostly listening to podcasts, and Natalie Haynes Stands Up For The Classics is my new favourite thing. Haynes is a classicist and a standup comedian and each episode is standup comedy about a different Greek or Roman philosopher or poet or empress etc. It’s hilarious and smutty and educational! I am completely delighted by this podcast.

So, whatcha reading? Tell us in the comments below!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic