Links: Marginalia, Emma, & More

http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Depositphotos_52671211_original-300x200.jpgWelcome back to Wednesday Links! How the heck are all of you?

It’s the last Wednesday of July and then some of us will be moving onto the dog days of summer, which is honestly my least favorite time of year where the boob sweat is at its highest.

My brother is returning to his base after his deployment and I’m hoping I’ll get to visit him in Germany soonish, travel restrictions permitting.

If you missed it in the previous Whatcha Reading, Sarah dropped this salacious deep dive into predatory advanced education programs. I also know that Sarah highly recommends Anne Helen Peterson’s substack.

http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Wood-and-Roth_8.4-e1627492845426.png

An event that may be of interest to some of you! Debut author Margot Rood is doing an event with Veronica Roth virtually through the bookstore where I work. Her debut, Fresh is a new adult retelling of Emma set at my grad school alma matter! The event is also free and we’ll have signed copies.

I think we can all relate to this reader’s notes on Charles Bukowski.

Enjoy these seven Irish dancers doing their thing to pop music:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Cairde (@_cairde)

Don’t forget to share what cool or interesting things you’ve seen, read, or listened to this week! And if you have anything you think we’d like to post on a future Wednesday Links, send it my way!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic