Whatcha Reading? June 2021, Part Two

http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/bigstock-220625329-e1536262633224.jpgIt’s Whatcha Reading time!

This is where we get to talk about what we’ve been reading, whether it was a good reading month, a slow one, or just plain terrible. It’s also a post that is terribly bad for all of our wallets.

Carrie: I am reading A Most Remarkable Creature: The Hidden Life and Epic Journey of the World’s Smartest Birds of Prey by Jonathan Meiburg. ( A | BN | K ) As a result I have a new animal obsession, the Caracara, which is a like a crow brain and a raccoon’s dietary habits crossed with a vulture’s dietary habits and all shoved into a hawk’s body.

Catherine: I am very bad and am marathoning ARCs that are still a couple of months off. So I just finished Devil in Disguise by Lisa Kleypas which was great fun, and am now giggling my way through Lucy Parker’s Battle Royal, ( A | BN | K ) which could have been written just for me – witty banter and sarcasm and also amazing cakes and desserts. This is definitely going to be a comfort read for me.

Elyse: I feel bad hyping this when it’s not out till 8/24, but I just finished Bombshell by Sarah MacLean ( A | BN | K ) and it was a total squee.

Devil in Disguise
A | BN | K
It has four women who are working to take down the patriarchy one asshole at a time and a very pine-y romance.

Claudia: Catching up on The Devil Comes Courting, which I finally got from the library! Their first meeting had me smiling!

Susan: The Hellion’s Waltz, which is WONDERFUL! It has queer women conning a slimy business owner out of his ill-gotten riches to support their workers’ society, and such a lovely romance!

Shana: I am racing against the library clock to finish Dead Dead Girls by Nekesa Afia. ( A | BN | K )

What are you reading right now? Let us know in the comments!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic