The Rec League: Filthy Mouths

http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/recleague.pngThanks to Ali for sending in this Rec League request that is certainly of interest to the Bitchery:

I just read Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey and I really enjoyed the dirty talk by the hero. Can you recommend any more dirty talking heroes/heroines?

Sarah: Oh, no…I’m the worst person for this question. Dirty talking during sex in books makes the entirety of my internal organs cringe into oblivion. I’m sorry!

Sneezy: Does The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang count?

Amanda: It’s an acquired taste! They’ve already ready and enjoyed Tessa Bailey, who is usually my go-to.

You Had Me at Hola
A | BN | K | AB
Sarah: There’s a little bit (plus some excellent accessory play) in You Had Me At Hola by Alexis Daria — that said, my reticence over reading dirty talk would skew my perception of what is “a lot” or “a little” so grain of salt, etc.

EllenM: Dirty talk is one of those things I tend to not really take much note of either way unless it’s jaw-droppingly, distractingly bad so I have to think about this one for a bit…

Amanda: I already know a few Bitchery commenters who will have this request IN THE BAG. Namely, DiscoDollyDeb. We’re sending up the bat signal!

Shana: I’m with Ellen, I don’t tend to notice dirty talk unless it’s terrible.

Elyse: Didn’t Roni Loren have a book about a phone sex worker?

Tara: Meghan O’Brien’s tend to have some. IIRC, I’m thinking The Night Off and Her Best Friend’s Sister, especially.

Catherine: I actually quite like it, but can hardly think of any examples. Though there is an extremely hot (and rather uncharacteristic!) dirty talking seen in A Wish Upon Jasmine by Laura Florand. ( A | BN | K | AB )

Which romances would you recommend? Give us all the recs!

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic