10 New Books Coming Out This Week

if-i-disappear-slider.jpg

Another week, another batch of books for your TBR pile. Happy reading, folks.

in-the-garden-of-spite-199x300.jpg

Camilla Bruce, In the Garden of Spite
(Berkley)

“Bruce uses a framework of fact to create fiction that horrifies…[a] grisly historical thriller.”
Booklist

If-I-Disappear-199x300.jpg

Eliza Jane Brazier, If I Disappear
(Berkley)

“Blending the true crime compulsion of Michelle McNamara’s I’ll Be Gone in the Dark with the immersive creepy-craziness of Gillian Flynn’s Sharp Objects, Brazier creates a heady, pitch-dark cocktail all her own.”
Publishers Weekly

every-waking-hour-1-197x300.jpg

Joanna Shaffhausen, Every Waking Hour
(Minotaur)

“Tight plotting and sophisticated surprises fuel the rich storytelling. Schaffhausen layers much emotion into each tension-filled twist as she deepens Ellery and Reed’s characters. Readers will eagerly await their further adventures.”
Publishers Weekly

someone-to-watch-199x300.jpeg

Ace Atkins, Robert B. Parker’s Someone to Watch Over Me
(Putnam)

“In this latest in his continuation of Robert B. Parker’s beloved Spenser series, Atkins continues to do the late author proud….The talented Atkins delivers another engrossing thriller.”
Booklist

part-of-the-family-195x300.jpg

Charlotte Philby, Part of the Family
(Borough Press)

”'[An] intriguing exploration of deceit and duplicity”
The Guardian

prodigal-son-197x300.jpg

Gregg Hurwitz, Prodigal Son
(Minotaur)

“The pacing is breathtakingly brisk throughout, and the action is relentless… This series continues to impress.”
Publishers Weekly

mrs-jeffries-200x300.jpg

Emily Brightwell, Mrs. Jeffries Demands Justice
(Berkley)

“Memorable characters resonate amid the unusual scenario of an unsympathetic prime suspect. Both longtime fans and readers new to the series will have a grand time.”
Publishers Weekly

a-cat-on-the-case-196x300.jpg

Clea Simon, A Cat on the Case
(Polis Books)

“Simon’s pleasing third Witch Cats of Cambridge mystery (after 2020’s An Incantation of Cats) finds Becca Colwin working at Charm and Cherish, a New Age shop in Cambridge, Mass. It’s the perfect place for the aspiring witch detective…”
Publishers Weekly

paradise-affair-196x300.jpg

Bill Pronzini, The Paradise Affair
(Forge Books)

“San Francisco PIs Sabina Carpenter and John Quincannon (after 2020’s The Stolen Gold Affair)…to Hawaii in pursuit of Jackson “Lonesome Jack” Vereen and E.B. Nagle (aka Nevada Ned), who duped an Oakland, Calif., businessman into investing thousands in a nonexistent silver mine.”
Publishers Weekly

cold-tuscan.jpg

David P. Wagner, Cold Tuscan Stone
(Poisoned Pen Press)

“Wagner hits all the right notes in this debut. His likable protagonist engages, plus the Italian angle is always appealing. Perfect for readers who enjoy a complex puzzle, a bit of humor, and a fairly gentle procedural. Don’t miss this one.”
Library Journal

View the full article

Michael Neff
Algonkian Producer
New York Pitch Director
Author, Development Exec, Editor

We are the makers of novels, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"King of Pantsers"?

ALGONKIAN SUCCESS STORIES